Spend a Year in Israel Working for Young Judaea!
Shalem seeks madrichim for its premier 9-month volunteer/study program in Israel for recent Torah Observant high school graduates. The excellence of our madrichim has an enormous effect on the experiences of our participants and, each year, we look to hire the best.
American and Israeli Shalem madrichim are hired to live with Shalem groups for the duration of the year. The madrich/a to student ratio within each group is approximately 1 to 20. For more information on being a madrich for Shalem, call: 212-303-4584.
- Israeli requirements: Army service or Sherut Le’umi, extensive experience with English-speaking youth, working knowledge of English.
- Extensive Israel experience.
- Proficiency in the Hebrew language and knowledge of Judaica
- Extensive hadracha experience; experience with groups, either in camp, youth groups or Israel program settings (as a participant and as staff); extensive programming experience.
- Adaptability; flexibility; maturity; ability to be a team player; responsibility; initiative.